You can find out all about it here:
Here’s some cool fruit and vegetable facts:
Why not try these easy and fun fruit and vegetable recipes. I love the rainbow pizza!
Did you know even fruit and vegetable have different moods? Well, maybe not really, but this book uses fruit and vegetables to help us think about our moods and what makes us feel good inside.
We all know what happened when Jack threw his magic beans out of the window (or was it his Mum?) Anyway, we might not have magic beans but it is really fun to plant beans and watch how they grow. They make a tasty treat when the beans grow on the stalks too. Here’s how you could grow them and watch the seeds develop as they grow.
This is the well known story of Jack and the Beanstalk but this version has an extra character; a giantess! Also at the end of this video there are some ideas about what the story might be trying to teaching children. Maybe you could watch it then write your own version of the story by creating a new character or a new event?
Here are some thought provoking questions you might want to think about about the events of the story of Jack and the beanstalk. Don’t worry if your thoughts are different to someone else’s. It is always good to listen to other people’s points of view and to be able to chat through your own thoughts too.
Questions for Philosophical Discussion
- Why did Jack trust the bean seller?
- Are there people you trust more than others? Why?
- Are there people you don’t trust? Why?
- What does it mean to trust someone?
- Can anyone break your trust? If so, why trust anyone?
- Can you live your life without trusting anyone?
- Was it okay for Jack to steal the gold coins the first time he went up to the castle?
- Is okay to steal from someone if they have too much and you have little?
- Was it okay for Jack to steal from the giants when he saw how mean the giant was?
- Is it ever okay to steal? If it is, under what conditions?