Well, who knew today was national skipping day?! I certainly didn’t! Here’s some info and activity ideas!
- Basic single bounce – Jump the rope with two feet together
- Double bounce – Jump the rope once then add a small rebound bounce before the next jump
- Skiier bounce – Jump side to side, two feet to two feet. Marking a line to jump along or across might help.
- Bell bounce – Jump forwards and backwards
- Single straddle bounce – Alternate between feet together and feet apart on each jump (the same as you would in a star jump)
- Scissor bounce – Jump whilst alternating feet to front and back