Further guidance was released for schools late yesterday afternoon, ahead of the new lockdown now in place. There are a few implications for you to be aware of.
- Schools continue to remain open for all children as they have since the start of the autumn term, for the duration of the national restrictions.
- It is not possible for us to run after school clubs at this time, so unfortunately the planned GOAL clubs on a Tuesday and Friday have been postponed for this half term.
- Children in Year 5/6 are still able to go on their visit tomorrow as planned – and this has been confirmed in a conversation with NYCC this morning. If any children would feel more comfortable wearing face coverings on the bus, they are very welcome to do so.
- Visitors to school continue to be restricted to those that are absolutely necessary and therefore we continue to ask that you contact us via telephone or email in the first instance.
- Staff and children who are clinically vulnerable or have underlying health conditions, but are not clinically extremely vulnerable, may continue to attend school in line with current guidance. I am really grateful to staff who are at increased risk but who are continuing to attend school at this difficult time.
We really appreciate your support in wearing face coverings at drop off and collection times.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.